The heart of Colorado Springs with its vibrant night life
and shops is only 10-15 minutes away.
Metro areas & approximate drive times:
- Downtown Colorado Springs: 10-15 minutes
- Old Colorado City: 10 minutes
- Colorado Springs Airport: 30-45 minutes
- Denver International Airport: 90 minutes
- Manitou Springs: 7 minutes
- Denver: 75 minutes
Hiking options include:
- Pikes Peak at 14,110 feet, is Colorado's 30th highest mountain among our fifty four 14ers!
- The Barr Trail is a 12.6 mile long trail that passes the famous Barr Camp and ascends 7,510 feet to the summit of Pikes Peak.
- Williams Canyon, a beautiful canyon with waterfalls during the spring and early summer, can be accessed by foot from CHCA's Solitude Park. The canyon goes from Cedar Heights into Manitou Springs. A permission form must be signed at the Cave of the Winds visitors center in order to hike Williams Canyon.
- Waldo Canyon trail, just west of Williams Canyon is a great 7.5 mile hike that is beautiful in all seasons.
- Red Rock Canyon, just a mile from our community, boasts modest elevations, incredible rock structures, and beautiful trails.
- The glorious Garden of the Gods, at the base of our community, possesses well-manicured trails and spectacular views.
- Cheyenne Canyon offers the 7 Bridges Trail, St. Mary's Falls, Mt. Cutler trail overlooking Seven Falls, and the beautiful Columbine trail.
- Queens Canyon, owned by The Navigators, is a beautiful hike and has spectacular views of steep canyon walls with an occasional sighting of big-horn sheep on the cliffs. Permission forms to hike Queens Canyon are available at The Navigators visitor center.
- Most convenient are the wonderful trails through the pine forests and spectacular views available in our association's own 300-acre private preservation area known as Solitude Park.
- Old Gold Camp Road...right here in town.
- Rampart Range Road...borders our community beginning in the Garden of the Gods!
- Colorado Jeeping
- The Garden of the Gods
- The US Air Force Academy
- The Pioneers Museum
- Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site
- Old Colorado City History Center
- The US Olympic Training Center
- The Broadmoor Hotel and Golf Resort
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, built into the side of Cheyenne Mountain
- Cave of the Winds
- Will Rogers Shrine
- Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame and Museum
- Western Museum of Mining and Industry
- Seven Falls
- Pikes Peak 19 mile drive, or the Cog Railway to the top of Pikes Peak
- Bear Creek Nature Center
River Rafting in the Summer
This site is provided by The Warren Management Group